Monday, September 26, 2016

Introduction to Mr. Oates

July 21, 2016 12:33 PM

Dear Lowell Families,

As I finish settling into my office, I wanted to reach out to you to introduce myself as the new Interim Principal at the Lowell School.  I was born and raised in Watertown, went through Watertown Public Schools, and then went off to study Mathematics at Tufts University.  I’ve received Masters of Education degrees from UMASS Boston and EDCO Leadership Institute.  After a two-year stint in Cambridge Public Schools, I have been teaching and coaching in Watertown for the past 8 years.  I am thrilled to move into this school leadership position within the district that I love so much.

I am truly honored to be back at the school that I attended 23 years ago.  I promise to work tirelessly to keep the Lowell School on this fantastic path that Ms. Kaplan and these tremendous educators have helped to create.  You are important stakeholders in this community, and I want you be as involved as you can be to make this school even better.  My door is always open to meet with you; please email me at: Philip.oates@watertown.k12.ma.us if you would like to sit down and talk.  There has been much accomplished already as we prepare for the 2016-2017 school year, and we are all excited for another successful start.

Looking forward to working with you and your children,

Phil Oates




Ms. Kaplan's Blog is still up and running if you would like to see previous posts:
http://mskaplanlowell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.